I am now a second-year graduate student in the Conversational AI Lab (CoAI), Department of Computer Science and Technology, Tsinghua University, Beijing, China, under the supervision of Prof. Minlie Huang. Before joining CoAI, I received my bachelor degree in the Department of Physics, Tsinghua University. Here is my cv and 简历.
My research interests lie in open-ended language generation[paper list], reinforcement learning, information retrieval, etc.
* indicates equal contribution
- Jian Guan, Minlie Huang. UNION: An Unreferenced Metric for Evaluating Open-ended Story Generation. EMNLP 2020, Online Conference. [pdf] [code] [bib]
- Jian Guan, Fei Huang, Zhihao Zhao, Xiaoyan Zhu, Minlie Huang. A Knowledge-Enhanced Pretraining Model for Commonsense Story Generation. TACL 2020. [pdf] [code] [demo] [bib]
- Xueying Bai*, Jian Guan*, Hongning Wang. A Model-Based Reinforcement Learning with Adversarial Training for Online Recommendation. NeurIPS 2019. [pdf] [code] [bib]
- Jian Guan*, Yansen Wang*, Minlie Huang. Story ending generation with incremental encoding and commonsense knowledge. AAAI 2019, Honolulu, Hawaii, USA. [pdf] [code] [bib]
- Pei Ke, Jian Guan, Minlie Huang, Xiaoyan Zhu. Generating informative responses with controlled sentence function. ACL 2018, Melbourne, Australia. [pdf] [code] [bib]